There are many great open source projects that have inspired us and enabled us to build FAST. Below are a few that stand out.
- .NET - Many thanks to the .NET team for sharing their policies and practices upon which our issue management and release planning docs and practices were based.
- asap - An awesome, time-tested async task queue implementation that heavily inspired our DOM update system.
- Aurelia 1 and Aurelia 2 - Various details of Aurelia 2's decorator and metadata model inspired us in the design of
fast-element. Additionally, Aurelia 1's mechanisms for array observation, binding, and template compilation also guided us in our work.
- faastjs - A project with a similar name but a very different purpose. Their API documentation approach leveraging api-extractor was a huge help to us.
- Polymer - One of the first libraries (if not the first) to embrace Web Components.
- Vue - We liked the terseness of the
@syntax in templates, so we adapted it along with some modifications in our templates.